FROM: JOANNA CATANI
TO: 2021 12mR WORLDS COMPETITORS
DATE: July 27, 2021
RE: COVID-19 Protocol
Dear 12mR Sailors,
We look forward to welcoming you to the 2021 EVLI 12mR World Championship in just 18 days! Our efforts continue to ensure a safe environment for you, your crews and families.
Below you will find updates and additional links to help you enjoy your visit to Helsinki.
TRAVELING TO AND FROM FINLAND
Internal border control has ended on 26 July. This means that travelling from the EU and Schengen countries to Finland is allowed without restrictions.
If you are arriving outside of EU and Schengen countries:
- You may enter Finland from all countries IF:
- You have been fully vaccinated (twice) and it has been at least 14 days since second vaccination. Be prepared to show vaccination document, in English, at the border.
- If you have had Covid-19 within the the past 6 months
- Special groups are admitted –such as representatives of culture, sports and business life. The Organizing Committee has informed Finland’s border control about our event.
If you’d like to take a Coronavirus test when entering Finland, we recommend that you register with Finentry. It is a service for travelers to obtain a Coronavirus test in Finland free of charge. You may book an appointment for testing a maximum of 7 days in advance.
When leaving Finland:
- Follow the instructions imposed by your destination country.
- If you require a PCR-test, please contact the Service Desk for booking assistance.
BASIC RULES & HYGIENE PRACTICES
- Disinfectant dispensers will be available at the NJK throughout the week
- All contact surfaces such as door handles and taps are regularly disinfected
- We remind all participants to:
- Wash your hands regularly
- Keep 1.5 metre social distance
- Cough or sneeze into a paper towel or the inside of your elbow
- If you have any symptoms such as cough, fever or nausea contact health authorities right away. The Service Desk or Hotel Reception will help you with this.
- Latest Covid-19 updates are found here.
WEARING A MASK:
- While not mandatory In Finland, many people wear masks while indoors at public places such as department stores, shops, restaurants and on public transportation
- Please respect the recommendations of the shopkeepers and owners of establishments
- Extra masks will be available at NJK.
- All shops, markets and department stores are open
- The Service Desk will be happy to help you to plan your shopping spree
- More Shopping information is found here
- Restaurants, bars and cafes are open to public, so you can fully enjoy the Finnish hospitality after the race day.
- Check out the Social Program and make reservations with some of our Partner restaurants
- Ask for recommendations at the Service Desk
- Hotel Scandic has a Covid protocol in place to make your stay as comfortable as possible
- At this time, it appears that hotels will be functioning pretty “normally” in August.
Finally, you may be confident that the 12mR Worlds Event Committee will continue to do our utmost to ensure a safe experience for everyone.
Please do not hesitate to contact Johanna Catani with any enquiries.
We look forward to welcoming you to Helsinki soon!